Self-directed Online Learning Program
Acellus Academy :
- K-12 online private school located in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Accreditation and Approvals
- Owned by International Academy of Sciences
- Fully Accredited – Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC)
- AP Course Approval – College Board
What makes Acellus Academy Different?
- Well-known in delivering great science and math courses, esp. STEM curriculum
- Over 250 Courses – Grades K-12: both Common Core-aligned and non-aligned courses
- Effective Intelligent Interaction features (Page 8)
- Prism Diagnostics: A Breakthrough in Online Learning ®, an innovative technology that identifies holes in each student’s background knowledge. When the system identifies one of these deficiencies, custom personal instruction is provided to fill the gap in the student’s understanding. As a result, students receive their own custom version of each course, which is tuned to their specific needs and level.
- Acellus Placement Tests When enrolled, students are given an exam in each of these areas which begins at a given grade level, moves up from that point evaluating the students’ academic skill level, and automatically places them in the course they need in order to move forward.
- Tutor Mode
By default, students will start at the beginning of each course they are signed up for in “Homeschool Mode”. Students will move quickly through any material they are familiar with and the system will slow down if they are struggling. Normally it will repeat the videos if the student is needing extra help in that area. We allow parents to switch between “Homeschool Mode” and “Tutor Mode” for each course. Changing to “Tutor Mode” will allow your student to view all of the steps within the course and may jump to any step.
- tailoring the course content to each student’s learning needs, meeting students at their level
Acellus Academy’s curricular portfolio includes courses in grades K-12 in all core subject areas as well as electives, Advanced Placement (AP), Career & Technical Education (CTE), and STEM focused pathways. (info graphic page 18)