WeLearn uses Acellus Academy as its core online academic program for both WeLearn Academy and WeLearn Virtual Academy. Students who complete the Acellus Academy program will receive an accredited and globally recognized US High School diploma issued by Acellus Academy.
After reviewing and considering many online schools, WeLearn chose Acellus Academy for a number of reasons, including:
- User-friendly dashboard and interface for parents, students and administrators
- Focus on STEM and coding
- Academic excellence and quality of teachers
- Curriculum can be Personalized
- Use of Artificial Intelligence to target each student’s learning gaps
- Curriculum is Self-Paced and Mastery Based.
- Reasonable price
A program of the International Academy of Science, Acellus is the online learning system for millions of students in thousands of schools throughout the United States. With over 250 courses for grades K-12 covering all core subject areas, as well as electives, Advanced Placement (AP), Career & Technical Education (CTE), and STEM focused pathways.
With the advanced cutting edge technology that enhances teaching and learning, Acellus is able to tailor course content to each student’s learning needs and meet them at their level. With the aid of artificial intelligence (AI) that identifies gaps in the student’s background knowledge, Acellus customizes each lesson according to every student’s learning needs. For more information please visit the Acellus website at [link]
“Acellus Academy” is the accredited K-12 online school owned and operated by the International Academy of Sciences, a non-profit organization based in the USA which operates the famous Acellus learning system. [link]
Acellus Academy Accreditation and Approvals
- Acellus is Fully Accredited – Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC)
- AP Course Approval – College Board
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Acellus prepares students to become:
- Self-confident in solving complicated problems
- Responsible and persistent learners
- Experts users of digital technology
- Effective communicators
- Independent learners who can self-direct
What makes Acellus different:
- Uses the hi-tech Prism Diagnostic to reinforce learning difficulties [link to video below]
- Engaging videos lessons that bring each subject to life [link to 4 videos: math, science language arts history
- Self-paced and flexible, meeting each student’s individual learning needs.
- Highly affordable program, offering great value for the money
Learn at Your Own Pace
Acellus delivers its courses through an intuitive student interface. Within each course, students are provided with “lessons” designed to deliver all of the resources to teach, convey, reinforce, and help the student learn and master a concept.
Each lesson begins with a video lecture in which a teacher presents a single, specific concept or a few concepts that are tightly intertwined. Acellus’ high-resolution videos give students the information and instruction they need to master the course material, creating the feeling of a one-on-one learning experience.
Each student is provided with a username and password. From the dashboard, the student may select a class to work in. Once the student selects a class, they are immediately taken to their current position within the course. Here’s a great video on the student experience at Acellus
The short video lessons that begin the class are taught by teachers who are experts in their field. This video-based instruction allows students to learn independently, which can greatly leverage the time of a parent. [Link to videos below]
Immediately after the video lesson, students receive practice problems where they apply the concept presented in the lesson. Acellus requires students to master the concept before moving to the next lesson.